I encourage blog comments as a way to spark conversation between readers. But without a few rules, a simple exchange of ideas can turn into a shouting match that discourages others from joining the discussion.
So here is my comments policy. By posting a comment on my blog, you agree to the following ground rules:
- You must provide a name and email address. Although you may post anonymously, a proper introduction begins when you use your full name. Moreover, using a fake email address breaks the communication avenue between the reader and writer.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, other readers may have the same one. It’s better to ask your question on the blog instead of by email. That way, I can address everyone at once.
- You may disagree with me or others. I welcome ideas from all walks of life, and I welcome an honest debate. However, if you disagree with me or anyone else, please do so with respect.
- I may edit or delete comments without notice. I will delete any comment that is (a) rude, (b) off-topic, (c) pornographic, (d) profane or otherwise offensive, including comments that are abusive, harassing, threatening, misleading, or libelous, and (e) spam, or comments that are solely promotional in nature.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them, and I disclaim any and all liability that could result from them.
My goal is to host interesting, friendly conversations between honest and respectful people. Thank you for following these simple rules.